Assistant Manager Merchandising
Job Profile :Assistant Manager Merchandising
Location :New Delhi
To achieve sales and gross margin objectives by estimating needs and preferences of the customer and buying merchandize to fill those needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Under the guidance of Senior Merchandizing Manager and within the framework of NNGR Policy and Quality/Image positioning, develop a merchandizing strategy for the gross profits and controlled element of net profit.
- Prepare monthly buying plans, actual and variance for last month’s buying plan.
- Negotiate with vendors for favored terms, discounts and transportation allowance, conduct on-going performance rating for each vendor.
- Frequently exploring new merchandize trends and new vendors. Test new items in the market and bring them to Store early if it is a promising product.
- Identify and maximize fast selling items, identify slow sellers and take timely action to dispose them off.
- Inform Stores in advance about new products’ arrivals, features, list [product sheet].
- Note and analyze the effects of advertising on your products.
- Every month first week, send list of new products to all the stores for their requisition.
- Documentation – see that all documentation – P.O., Payment Voucher, Sales Analysis are correct, on time and completely filled.
- Check the reported stock shrinkage of your department, analyze the reasons and resolve it.
- Participation in stock checks.
- Prepare the data for appraisal.
- Review sales budget for the month, stock and plan your purchases
- Review all vendor performance and update them
- Prepare the variance report for all your department
- Action plan for all your slow movers for the month
- The plan of new category/product.
- Review the performance of new product introduced during the month
- Vendor return – barcode, shortages, defective, damages has been documented.
- Price correction if there are any
- Discrepancy reports/variance report – shortage/excess/complaints/requisition delays/ barcodes mistakes.
- Payment schedule to Accounts.