Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager
Job Profile :Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager
Location :New Delhi
Responsibility of overall management of the store and coordination with the manager. Providing the required information and data to the HOD on a regular basis.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Promote Sales and “bottom-line” profits of the store.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel store employees. Schedule, organize and direct assignments.
- Possess “ownership mentality”. Which should be maintained and encourage.
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans.
- Effectively manage employee turnover by providing a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions.
- Ensure interior and exterior of store is maintained as per company standards.
- Utilize labour management tools, including effective scheduling of manpower, to maximize profitability and margins.
- Encourage the store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans through follow up on a regular basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure the employees also provide the same level of service.
- Communicate, execute, and manage marketing and merchandising programs.
- Conduct regular store meetings.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain and utilize surveillance equipment.
- Maintain adequate store supplies.
- Manage store revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposits to bank.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention activities.
- Effective management of all store operational issues, i.e. store housekeeping, store administrative duties, physical inventories, price changes, etc.
- A good performer should be able to cite significant achievements, demonstrating their ability to handle all aspects of retail operational and merchandising management issues, from the delivery of stock to the store to the final sale of the product to the customer.
- Ensure that the first in/first out workflow method is followed at the stores.
- Manage speed of service to the customers, controls and is responsible for the overall Store and its appearance.
- Receive materials from the warehouse, return damaged materials to warehouse and maintain all the relevant records pertaining to it.
- Responsible for preparation of staff rosters.
- Graduate of Post Graduate in Business Management with specialization in Retail Management.
- Must have good working knowledge of computers.
- Should have 3-5 yrs. relevant experience preferably in Retail Industry.
- Should have good knowledge of Customer service, Competition Analysis, People management, Retail Trends.
- Store Operation management skill.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate a cash register, computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a proficient level.
- Selling & Negotiation skill should also be there.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills